Have you or do you know someone that lost their jobs (or is working reduced hours) because of COVID?
If the answer is YES, then Goodwill can help via two WEX options: Paid Work Experience or Up-Skilling.
Get PAID WORK EXPERIENCE (up to $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, for 10 weeks) learning a potential new occupation.
Attend no cost UP-SKILLING sessions (which are un-paid) in the followingspecific career paths:
- Medical Assistant
- HVAC (Installer)
- Desktop Support (A+ Certification)
- Bookkeeping for Small Business
- Small Business Startup & Management
To apply for either PAID WORK EXPERIENCE (WEX) or UP-SKILLING, complete this form below.
Error: Contact form not found.
How to qualify for the program?
Qualifying candidates need to
- Able to provide confirmation of job loss/reduction of hours because of COVID-19 or,
- Live in an impacted household where someone lost their job due to COVID or,
- Has been unable to find work due to COVID
- be 18 Years old or older
- be able to work in US (I-9 form to be completed)
- live in San Jose
Before starting you will be required to provide one of the following documents:
- Layoff/Reduced hours (Letter from Employer)
- Unemployment Award (Email from State of California)
- Facility Closed (Letter from Employer)
- Affidavit from You – If unable to provide one of the above documents.
“Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX: Helping Individuals Overcome Substance Abuse”
Substance abuse is a serious problem that affects many individuals and their families. Goodwill of Silicon Valley recognizes the importance of addressing this issue and has established the Bridge to Recovery WEX program to help individuals overcome substance abuse. In this blog post, we will explore the Bridge to Recovery WEX program and the services it provides.
- Comprehensive Services – The Bridge to Recovery WEX program provides a comprehensive range of services to help individuals overcome substance abuse, including counseling, group therapy, job training, and employment services. These services are designed to address the unique needs of each individual and help them achieve long-term recovery.
- Experienced Staff – Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program is staffed by experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping individuals overcome substance abuse. This includes licensed therapists, substance abuse specialists, and job trainers, who provide personalized attention and support to each individual.
- Evidence-Based Approaches – Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program uses evidence-based approaches to substance abuse treatment, ensuring that individuals receive the best possible care. This includes using proven techniques and strategies that have been shown to be effective in helping individuals overcome substance abuse.
- A Path to Sustainable Recovery – Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program is designed to provide individuals with a path to sustainable recovery. This includes not only helping individuals overcome substance abuse, but also providing job training and employment services to help them achieve long-term stability and independence.
- Community-Based Support – Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program is community-based, meaning that individuals receive support and resources from the community as they work to overcome substance abuse. This includes access to peer support groups and other resources, helping to ensure their success in the program.
In conclusion, Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program is an important resource for individuals who are struggling with substance abuse. With comprehensive services, experienced staff, and evidence-based approaches, Goodwill of Silicon Valley is committed to helping individuals overcome substance abuse and achieve long-term recovery. If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, consider reaching out to Goodwill of Silicon Valley’s Bridge to Recovery WEX program for help.