Have you or do you know someone that lost their jobs (or is working reduced hours) because of COVID?
If the answer is YES, then Goodwill can help via two WEX options: Paid Work Experience or Up-Skilling.
Get PAID WORK EXPERIENCE (up to $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, for 10 weeks) learning a potential new occupation.
Attend no cost UP-SKILLING sessions (which are un-paid) in the followingspecific career paths:
- Medical Assistant
- HVAC (Installer)
- Desktop Support (A+ Certification)
- Bookkeeping for Small Business
- Small Business Startup & Management
To apply for either PAID WORK EXPERIENCE (WEX) or UP-SKILLING, complete this form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
How to qualify for the program?
Qualifying candidates need to
- Able to provide confirmation of job loss/reduction of hours because of COVID-19 or,
- Live in an impacted household where someone lost their job due to COVID or,
- Has been unable to find work due to COVID
- be 18 Years old or older
- be able to work in US (I-9 form to be completed)
- live in San Jose
Before starting you will be required to provide one of the following documents:
- Layoff/Reduced hours (Letter from Employer)
- Unemployment Award (Email from State of California)
- Facility Closed (Letter from Employer)
- Affidavit from You – If unable to provide one of the above documents.