Medical Assistant description: (Programs are offered at NO COST to clients)
- Get hands on experience in patient care and administration
- CPR Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
- Medical terminology & injections
- Anatomy, physiology & vital signs
- Preparation for Profession Industry Certification: National Certification of Competency Testing
- Eligible to work in the USA and 18 years or older. Must live in one of the following Counties – San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz.
- Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
- Must not have any adult criminal convictions or any pending charges. A background check is required.
- Updated immunization including: 2 steps TB test or Quantiferon, Hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, Varicella, Flu, and a complete physical examination to qualify for externship.
- Must be drug and alcohol free to qualify for employment.
- HS Diploma/Equivalent completed prior to start of class.
- Proficient in Math and English (at least 9th grade level)
- Ability to stand for 6 hours and to lift 25 lbs.
- Medeical Assistant in Medical/Dental Offices
- Optometrist Office
- Surgical/Wellness Centers
Monday to Friday
Length: 11 weeks + 160 hrs externship
Hours: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: Online & Onsite (1080 N. 7th Street, San Jose, CA)
Session 1 Start: 03/14/2022 End: 05/27/2022 Deadline to apply: 02/21/2022
Session 2 Start: 06/13/2022 End: 08/26/2022 Deadline to apply: 05/23/2022
Session 3 Start: 06/27/2022 End: 09/09/2022 Deadline to apply: 05/16/2022
Session 4 Start: 09/26/2022 End: 12/09/2022 Deadline to apply: 08/15/2022
How to Register:
Contact Amy Gamoney at email@example.com to reserve your spot ASAP.