Medical Assistant description: (Programs are offered at NO COST to clients)
- Get hands on experience in patient care and administration
- CPR Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
- Medical terminology & injections
- Anatomy, physiology & vital signs
- Preparation for Profession Industry Certification: National Certification of Competency Testing
- Eligible to work in the USA and 18 years or older. Must live in one of the following Counties – San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz.
- Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
- Must not have any adult criminal convictions or any pending charges. A background check is required.
- Updated immunization including: 2 steps TB test or Quantiferon, Hepatitis B, MMR, Tdap, Varicella, Flu, and a complete physical examination to qualify for externship.
- Must be drug and alcohol free to qualify for employment.
- HS Diploma/Equivalent completed prior to start of class.
- Proficient in Math and English (at least 9th grade level)
- Ability to stand for 6 hours and to lift 25 lbs.
- Medeical Assistant in Medical/Dental Offices
- Optometrist Office
- Surgical/Wellness Centers
Monday to Friday
Length: 11 weeks + 160 hrs externship
Hours: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: Online & Onsite (1080 N. 7th Street, San Jose, CA)
- Session 1 Start 4/5/2021 End 6/17/2021
- Session 2 Start 7/6/2021 End 9/17/2021 – Deadline to Apply: 9/3/2021
- Session 3 Start 10/4/2021 End 12/17/2021
How to Register:
Contact Amy Gamoney at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot ASAP.